Sunday, 21 September 2014


Character turnaround was the final assignment in this amazing little course. We had to choose a character from our past assignments and draw a front and side view of that character as accurate as possible. I choose the pirate because I thought he looked like an interesting character to develop further.

Friday, 12 September 2014


Characterising an animal from reference was this weeks assignment. We had any choice of animal to choose from, so i choose a RHINO.

Final rhino design with references used.

The process I used from rough to final design. The initial sketch, vectorised shapes made in Illustrator and the final textured version painted in Photoshop.

A background added with the 2 characters. Painting backgrounds isn't my strongest asset but, I'm going Rambo (fearless) at the moment in all aspects of design. 

This was also requested by a friend of mine (Luis). He wanted to see how I would tackle combining characters with backgrounds. I hope I did well. 

Thanks for visiting.

original painting without cropping.

Monday, 8 September 2014

WEEK 5 - STORY through a single image - Part 2

A few weeks ago I did an assignment for CGMA where I had tell a story about something happening on a bench. Although I handed in a final piece, I wasn't happy with the outcome. I did say I would rework it by October. I couldn't until then, so I did it this week. I took the feedback from NW and applied it onto the this final. Im really grateful to Nate for the pointers and happy with this turnout.

Friday, 5 September 2014



WEEK 6 - Versa-STYLE

The ability to have versatility in style was this weeks task. 

The first dragon is a very simplified, curvy, vibrant  Jay Ward, UPA style.

The second dragon is a Ronald Searle style. A very inky, sharp style with a lot more detail than you would find in a Jay Ward design.

I hope the designs have justified the two artists that inspired me.


Thursday, 4 September 2014

WEEK 5 - STORY through a single image - Part 1

Its been a bad hand in this week. I wasn't over pleased with the turn out. My aim was to have a coloured and textured version of this image & also have a better composition in general. This is definitely on the 'LIST OF THINGS TO FINISH' by October.